Monday, September 29, 2008

Massive problem with the new Myspace music player

We all know that myspace hasn't been the most brilliant page to edit with html and css. As an artist, it lacks lot's of functions that for example reverbnation has developed. Over time though, every serious band have built a myspace promo page, cause everybody know of myspace and go there to find new music. The major thing with myspace, for me and for thousands of other bands, have been the ability in the player to count the numbers of listeners dropping by, and to give you nice statistics over how popular you are. Some have worked pretty hard to get those numbers up, including me.

Last week, we heard through media that the new, flashy super cool myspace app should be released - lifting myspace as a music comunity and reaching up to iTunes and amason standards. Great, I thought. I might put some more energy into my myspace once it's out there.

What I have some days later, is a player that doesn't work at all, it displays wrong songs, some of them won't play, the counter is reset to the sum of my recently added songs, which means ALL my statics over listeners the past 2 years are gone. That makes a different from 18000 plays to almost 100000 for me. I am about to release my new album pretty soon and that different makes a different when approaching radio channels etc. Myspace forums are crowded with angry and disappointed bands such as me - but no reply from myspace crew.

There's always bugs, beta-releases etc in the cyber world, but hey, myspace is one of the biggest communities in this world atm, shouldn't they be able to change a player without loosing their users trust?

I really hope they fix this bug, and hope for their sake that they atleast saved a backup of earlier information or I'll write them down without mercy.

/Sunny

No comments: